A company must be authorised by Customs to operate CFSP simplified procedures and hold specific/general authority for associated procedures such as Customs Warehousing.
To be eligible the trader must satisfy the following general criteria:
Prior to authorisation a trader will also be required to satisfy the conditions in Customs Notice 760 - Customs Freight Simplified Procedures and any specific conditions notified to them by their Local Officer.
- Have a registered TURN (Trader Unique Reference Number)
- Be a legal entity in the EU (eg Sole Proprietor, Partnership, Public Limited Company, Private Limited Company)
- Maintain a regular pattern of 3rd country declarations
- Have a good record of compliance with Customs and other related requirements
- Have access to a duty deferment facility